Thursday, June 14, 2007

Code syntax highlighting on blogspot

For my last post I wanted to get syntax highlighting for my code examples. That was not as easy as I had hoped!
(I think I spent more time trying to fix that than I spent on examining the activeresource-API...)

Anyway I tried a lot to get SyntaxHighlighter to work. But I did not succeed.
What I did end up doing instead was to follow the advice from QuirkeyBlog and use the TextMate Bundle's "Create css from theme" and "Create HTML" from theme. I'm pretty pleased with the result that is visible on screen, but it demanded a lot of copy-pasting of html-code. I have to automate that process for next "code-example-post". If anybody out there have a better idea of how to get syntax highlighting to work on blogger, please tell me.

No comments: